Cream sauce doesn't have to be heavy and unhealthy for you. Check out our delicious version that uses olive oil and 1% milk instead!
Time-Saving Hack: This recipe pairs great with a fresh salad. Buy salad kits at the grocery store for a quick and healthy side--no buying a lot of little separate ingredients.
- Package of tortellini (4 servings)
- Pasta sauce:
- -1 tablespoon olive oil
- -4 cloves garlic, minced
- -3 tablespoons flour
- -1 cup chicken broth
- -1 cup low-fat milk
- -3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- -1/2 tsp. salt
- -1/4 tsp pepper
- Prepare tortellini as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil. Add garlic cloves and saute for one minute until fragrant. ?
- Sprinkle with flour, and stir to combine. Saute for one minute to cook the flour, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly add chicken broth, whisking until smooth. Whisk in milk, and bring to a simmer. Let the mixture cook one minute to thicken. Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper until the cheese is combined.
- Pour sauce over pasta and serve.