Is time getting in the way of eating together as a family? Try this recipe that has been tested and approved by our very own staff – Shredded Chicken Tacos!
Shredded Chicken Tacos
8-12 corn tortillas
½ Rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 tomato, diced
1 peeled avocado, diced
1 cup feta or cotija cheese
1 cup prepared salsa
- Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Divide chicken evenly among tortillas
- Top each taco with tomato, avocado, and cheese
- Serve with salsa
Spicy Black Beans
2 Cans low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
3 Tbsp. prepared salsa
¾ Tsp cumin
- Combine drained beans, salsa, and cumin in medium saucepan.
- Cover and heat through.
Lime and Cumin Cabbage Slaw
½ Red cabbage
2 carrots, grated
½ lime, juiced
2 Tbsp. oil
½ Tsp. salt
½ Tsp. cumin
Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Combine lime juice, oil, salt, cumin, and cayenne pepper if using.
- Remove white core from cabbage. Slice cabbage very thin, then chop to ½-inch strips.
- Add sliced cabbage and grated carrots to lime juice mixture and toss to combine.
This cabbage slaw is great as a side or as an additional topping for the taco