Definitely one of the fastest meals I’ve made in a long time. I didn’t have any fresh basil on hand, but dried work just fine (definitely don’t dump a whole ¼ cup in there, though--just season it to taste). After the picture was already taken (whoops), I decided to stir in some spinach, making the whole thing a little greener and a little healthier.
- 1 (9 oz) package of fresh three-cheese tortellini
- 1 (14 oz) can low sodium chicken broth
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- ½ cup shaved asiago cheese
- Basil leaves (optional)
- Freshly ground pepper (optional)
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- 2. While pasta cooks, combine broth and tomato in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in basil. Cover and let broth mixture stand until pasta is done. Add drained pasta to broth mixture. Ladle soup into shallow bowls; sprinkle each serving with cheese. Garnish with basil leaves and pepper, if desired.