This recipe is fast, cheap, healthy, and simple to make. Time saver tip: Buy pre-made salsa to avoid chopping vegetables!
Baked Fish with Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
For the potatoes:
4 sweet potatoes (for smaller children, a half a potato each may suffice)
1 can of black beans
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 TB. lime juice
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 chopped onion
4 TB. chopped cilantro
Optional toppings: low-fat sour cream, low-fat cheese
For the fish:
4 tilapia fillets
Olive oil spray
Your favorite seasonings (I used garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray, and lay down fish. Spray each side of fish fillets with olive oil spray, and season with preferred seasonings on both sides. Bake for 20 minutes or until fish is flaky and opaque.
2. In the meantime, bake sweet potatoes in the microwave (6 minutes per potato or until soft when pierced with a fork).
3. Mix onion, lime juice, garlic, and tomatoes to make a salsa.
4. Season black beans with favorite seasonings (I used garlic powder, salt, and pepper).
5. Cut sweet potato in half and mash gently. Add about 1/2 cup of beans, desired amount of salsa, and cheese and sour cream, if desired.